Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Midnight Madness!! MMSC13!

♥♥♥♥Scroll down for Jacksonbelle Tuesday!♥♥♥♥
This is my first card as the August Guest Designer for Priscilla Styles, Midnight Madness! Priscilla has the most fun sketches and you can also win prizes and awards for playing along! And did I mention CASH! That's right! Once a month you can win some cold, hard cash just for playing along with her fun sketches!! So what are you waiting for, come and visit Priscilla Styles, Midnight Madness sketch challenges today!! ;)Here is this week's sketch!
The first time I saw this sketch, I immediately thought of a quilt or baby blanket. So, for my card, I used some white and pink felt (my new obsession) and some polka dotted turquoise paper by Luxe Designs. Some Melissa Frances Rub-Ons and that gorgeous white resin frame. The pink flowers are by Maya Road. I did some hand stitching on the felt squares (my machine is going crazy!) and I added some buttons, hemp cord, heart shaped pearls by Hero Arts and just a pinch of glitter.

This week's sponsor at Priscilla Styles is Scor-Pal! Unfortunately, I don't have a Scor-pal! I always wanted one, but haven't had a chance to buy one yet! One of these days!
And the monthly sponsor is Simon Says Stamp! What an awesome store! They have everything!
Here are the rest of the Midnight Madness Team's blogs! They are just the sweetest bunch of talented woman!!

Carolyn
Charlotte
Chris
Denise
Jane
Jeni
Jessica
Kimmie
Michelle
Phyllis
Priscilla
Shawne
Sonya
Sue

Have a wonderful day!!

Hugs..

17 comments:

Sue McMahon said...

Hi Melissa! WOW! I'm impressed at your hand sewing. I love your baby quilt take on the sketch. So sweet and lovely! We are so happy to have you joining us this month!

Have a wonderful day!
Sue
MMDT Member

Patty Williams said...

Omgoodness..this is so soft and pretty ! Kind of shabby chic..vintage and just plain adorable! Great job sewing! I love this!

sandra said...

Great work!
I love central peace.
You are great at sewing!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Love the sewed felt patches and the floral rose punches, Melissa! What a pretty frame too :) That sweet butterfly trails set is so nice. xox ~Jeni

Michelle's Daydreams said...

What a sweet card Melissa! I love the quilt idea... And now you've got me wondering about using felt too! It's so nice to have you along with us this month. :) hugs! Michelle

Denise @ kc242 said...

What a sweet baby card! Beautifully done with all of the details! Nice to have you with us this month!

sandra said...

I have something on my blog for you!!!
Come!!!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Carolyn said...

Hi Melissa. I have been away for a few days, so I missed the beginning of your stay with us. I just love your card though. You and I had the same baby quilt feel about this sketch. I love how differently we brought it to life though. It is going to be so fun to see what else you come up with. I am thrilled to be working alongside you for the month. I hope you enjoy us as well!!

Hugs,
Carolyn

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

What a great baby girl card. I love the look and feel of this card like a Shabby Chic look?. That frame in the center is brillant and that hand sewing - WOW. Lucky whoever gets this card!

Marimer said...

Precioso card, aunque tengas el diseño, buscar los detalles y colores adecuados y que coordine todo, es cosa de artista, enhorabuena.
Saludos.

Jackie said...

awe that is such a sweet card!

Beth aka BR-T said...

This is fantastic the sewing the fabrics that kickin frame AWESOME! i must admit though I always chuckle when people use the stork as a re fence to babies...let me explain, I went the the Henry Doorly Zoo a while back with my mom and we were in the bird aviary when we noticed the sweetest little baby ducks and out of no where this stork ate one of the baby ducks! At that moment I told my mom the whole stork bringing home the baby for me just wasn't the same! Irregardless you card is spectacular! BR-T

Lynda Benden said...

Your card is beautiful Melissa! I LOVE the frame, it is so pretty!!!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous gorgeous! I would love to order this in a 5 foot by 7 foot wall hanging for my bedroom and look at it every morning. I just love it that much!
Heidi

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

Hi Melissa, Oh you made this card such a fabulous one...and hand stitching too!!! How pretty this card is and I love the felt...makes you want to just brush your fingers over it to touch it....beautiful work on the sketch!
Hugs,
Charlotte

Carol Hurlock said...

Congratulations on your Guest Designer spot. What a sweet card. Love the felt and stitching!
:@}
Carol
www.chocolatecraftsandbearsohmy.blogspot.com

ScrappingHappy said...

hi its so beautiful i can get my card up can i get an email so i can send it its not the most gorgeous im not to good at making cards but hey i had fun making it