Monday, January 23, 2012

♥ some shabby chic goodness ♥

Hi there! Hope you are having great day! Just stopping in with a couple of things for you! I must admit, that a few years back, the thought of going to a consignment/thrift shop, garage sale or picking up someone else's garbage (treasure) off the road was not my thing! I still can't buy used clothes, shoes or anything that will touch my body. LOL But I am now hooked on finding vintage goodies at little or NO cost!! It really is addicting! HELP!!

Several months ago, my husband, kids and I were out for the day at the beach. On the way home, just around the corner from my house, was a shabby little white dresser on the side of the road getting ready to go to shabby chic heaven! Well, I wasn't going to let that happen! I asked my husband to go back with the truck and pick that baby up! She had no top, old rusty caster wheels on the bottom, old drawer pulls and needed alot of TLC.

Well, last week I finally got around to cleaning her up! I didn't totally re-paint her, just touched her up. That is shabby chic after all, right?! Gave her some beautiful crystal knobs, took off those tired wheels on the bottom and hubby cut a piece of wood just the right size for her top! And here she is!! I just love her!! The perfect addition to my Craft Room! That mirror frame on there I still have to paint white, but I got her for 5 bucks at the thrift shop! 

This is a card I did for this week's Card patterns sketch. What a fabulous sketch it is too! Love round cards!!I cut some large circles out of some My Mind's Eye Lost and Found paper, added some lace and pearls around the edge and then some more trims in the center.


I then added a punched, distressed heart, roses, Martha Stewart stickers, chunky glitter and pearls.


Here is the sketch!

I hope that you all have a wonderful night! See you tomorrow! ;) GO NY GIANTS!!!

Lots of love...

14 comments:

joy said...

Love the dresser and the card!! So sweet!

Auntie Em said...

OMG! What a sweet piece of furniture! I love the little leaves and the pretty glass knobs. My mother had one like it in her room.
Your Valentine is so pretty and romantic. I love the pearls and lace.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

uauu ficou perfeito!

Anonymous said...

LOVE this card!!!
Go G.I.A.N.T.S. :D
~victoria~

Tanya said...

super sweet card! The dresser was an awesome find, and those crystal knobs really dressed it up, looks fabulous, shabby goodness!

Teri said...

Ohhhh!!! You are my kind of girl!! That dresser is truly drool-worthy, you did an awesome job with her!!! I would LOVE to find that treasure!!!
And your card is beyond gorgeous!
Hugs,
Teri

Jennifer said...

You have created some most beautiful things! I too love to find some old things that need a touch of love and they turn into something new!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Don't you just love it when you find some unexpected Little Treasure that just works anywhere so well. Great Job with putting her to use and upcycling a great find.
Love your card too.

Lisa said...

I love refurbished items. Looks great!

Bernie said...

I love thrift shops, yard sales etc. So many treasures to be found. LOVE your dresser, it's BEAUTIFUL! As is your card.
Blessings Bernie

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your card.

Lenet said...

beautiful! Love the colors and lace. Thanks for joining us at Cardpatterns this week

Barbara Jean said...

LOVE that little dresser. My kind of treasure! The glass knobs finished it off just perfect.

blessings
barbara jean

Crafty Loops said...

Oh my goodness Melissa, my sincere apologies, I have no idea how I missed this post. WOWWEEEE! What a beautiful dresser. Ive been egging my hubby on that Im going to take a distressing tool and some white paint to our clothes dresser some day and this dresser is making me want to do it even more now. Its so pretty and vintagy looking. I love your stencilling and the handles. And your wee card is so pretty, what a gorgeous shape and the lace is stunning. Lee x