Saturday, January 14, 2012

♥ There is Poetry in Kindness ♥

I love that sentiment. There is Poetry in Kindness. So beautiful!

Happy Saturday everyone! I hope your weekend is going well so far! I had a few crafty minutes today, so I snuck up to my craft room to make a little card. My youngest was taking his nap, the oldest was happily playing his Wii game and my hubby went to help a friend. Laundry is caught up, the house is clean and everyone was fed! So up I went!

I couldn't wait to make a card for this week's challenge at the JustRite Inspiration blog. Just loved the inspiration photo (See below) and the warm beautiful colors!


I used the JustRite Kindness Cling Set. Love this beautiful set. For some reason though, no matter where I photograph the card or what light I use, the darker color looks like dark blue but it is actually a teal color. Oh well! I also used some Kaiser Vintage Timeless papers as well as some Hero Arts trim, mini white roses that I inked shades of blue and teal, sheer ribbon, punched butterflies, pearls and some chunky glitter.


Here is the inspiration photo. You can use the colors or just be inspired by the photo itself.


I hope you have a fabulous rest of your weekend! See you Monday! Oh, and don't forgot to come back on Wed. the 18th for my 40th Birthday! I will be celebrating with a Giveaway!! ;)

Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

AdoraBella said...

This card is incredible! Love these beautiful DPs. You are right - the inspirational photo and colors are amazing.. and you did a wonderful job with their interpretation. I love your pretty lace and the big pale blue bow, too. And what to say about the lovely JustRite's stamps.. They absolutely are my fav!
Hugs
- Maria

Jennifer said...

This is exquisite! I love the lace and die cuts! The butterflies and roses are just perfect accents!

joy said...

Blues and teals are my favorite colors - your card is stunning! I love the shape of the die cuts and the trim, ribbon and roses are so gorgeously arranged, Melissa!

cebelica said...

Another beautiful card. I love this colour combination. Fab work! Hugs!

Judy1223 said...

Oooh, this is utterly GORGEOUS!

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

This is beautiful! Love the details and the colours, great job :) Thanks for your lovely comments over at my blog aswell :)

TeenaBugg38 said...

oh my gosh!!! this is just beautiful!!

mamawcindy said...

Your Card is (GORGEOUS)!!!!! Love It!
cindys-greencricut.blogspot.com

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Pretty card. Like the blues, lace, flowers & Butterflies.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Laura said...

Very Pretty...I know what you're saying about the camera not being able to catch the true colors. I can never seem to truly capture my own cards either. But still....what I'm seeing is goregous.
Laura

Rufus said...

The colors that I'm seeing are really pretty! The whole card is lovely with an vintage feel, yet fresh if that makes any sense.
R/

Karen W said...

Beautiful card, good luck with the challenge!!

engie said...

Stunning - love it.

Kay Wallace said...

Hey! I still have your post on my blog, and am wondering whether the winners have been announced! Thanks. Kay

Anonymous said...

This is really pretty and so elegant and the color palette is just divine!!! Love you soft Vintage look! So pretty!

Crafty Loops said...

This is incredibly beautiful Melissa. I love it. Lee x

April said...

Very lovely! I love the lace and bow.