Monday, January 23, 2012

♥ Shabby, sparkly and bright ♥

Wow! Thank you all so much for all of my birthday wishes! I really appreciated it! I had a wonderful 40th birthday last Wednesday! My sister and brother-in-law flew in from Tennessee to surprise me! I was so happy to see them and we had a wonderful time and so much fun! It was the best birthday ever! And not only did they come here, which was already the best gift and enough, but they gave me this little sweetie for my birthday! I love it too! ;) Thank you so much Stacey and Tim! Love you! ♥


This week's challenge at The Shabby Tea Room is called "Sparkly and Bright". It is to create a card and any type creation using the colors white, cream, silver, any neutrals and a splash of pink. It does not have to be wedding related. This week the Shabby Girls got to use some beautiful digi stamps by our sponsor Digi Doodle Shop. I chose this adorable "Pumpkin Carriage". I think it is perfect for any "Fairy Tale" Wedding card.

I colored the carriage in with some pastel chalks and a silver marker then covered it in some chunky glitter. I also used some sparkly silver paper from Michael's, some beautiful wedding sentiment paper by Best Creation, some pearls, Prima Roses and pink seam binding ribbon.


I placed a Basic Grey white Rub-On directly on the ribbon.


The winner of this week's challenge will win a $10 Gift Certificate to the Digi Doodle Shop to spend any way they want!

Here is the beautiful inspiration photo that Debbie picked for you all!



Don't forget to leave some love for the other Shabby Girls too! ;)

Debbie Marcinkiewicz - {TSTR Creator} - Simple Treasures
Cindy Holshouser - Sweet P Paperie
Fran Westmoreland - Purple Peanut's Crafty Blog
Charlene Cundy - Expressions of Me!
Sheri Holt - My Sheri Cards

Have a sweet day! ♥

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your pumpkin carriage is so delightful and I love the glitter and the beautiful pink bow!

Crafty Loops said...

Awww Melissa it sounded like you had a really wonderful birthday, Im so pleased it was a memorable one. I love this card. The carriage is such a pretty image and the rub on sentiment straight onto the ribbon is a genius idea. You always make such beautiful creations, I just love visiting your blog. Lee x

DIANA L. said...

Glad you had a good b-day. Love your beautiful fairy tail card.

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Very beautiful fairy tail card! The pumpkin carriage in glitter is so delightful. Lovely pink bow.
hugs, Helena

Roma said...

Hi Melissa
Wow great pressie!
your card is gorgeous x

Judy1223 said...

So glad you enjoyed your birthday...great to be surprised by family members, and what a great gift!

This sparkly beauty is AMAZING! Perfect wedding card...like a dream!

Teri said...

Great that you had such a nice birthday!! Awesome gift!!!
Your card is just beautiful, all those layers make it so elegant!!! Love it!!
Hugs,
Teri

Melissa said...

That's the prettiest card I've ever seen! Wow!!

Maria said...

What a lovely image of the carriage! Such a soft and elegant card! So pretty with the flowers and ribbon, too!