Monday, January 2, 2012

♥ Time Flies ♥ { And...my Crafty Secrets Winner!}

Happy New Year!! I hope you all are having a wonderful start so far in the new year! Can you believe it's 2012?! I wish each and every one of you the BEST year ever!!
                                      (courtesy of The graphics Fairy)

This week's challenge to start the year off at The Shabby Tea Room is called "Time Flies". It is to create a card and/or project inspired by the beautiful photo below and you must include something with wings!


I made my card with some more gorgeous papers from the FarmHouse line by October Afternoon. One of my faves! I also used a couple of die cuts from Jillibean Soup as well as some punched Martha Stewart butterflies.

To finish the card off, I used some seam binding ribbon, twine, pearls and lots of glitter.


The winner of this week's challenge will win 5 digi images of their choice from Robyn's Fetish! So many cute stamps!!

Don't forget to leave some love for the other Shabby Girls too! ;)

Debbie Marcinkiewicz - {TSTR Creator} - Simple Treasures
Cindy Holshouser - Sweet P Paperie
Fran Westmoreland - Purple Peanut's Crafty Blog
Charlene Cundy - Expressions of Me!
Sheri Holt - My Sheri Cards

And finally, the random winner of last week's Crafty Secrets CD giveaway is.... Evette K.!!

Congratulations Evette! Please shoot me an email (keepsakesbymelissa@yahoo.com) with your snail mail addy!! :) I wish I could have given you all the CD's!!

I will have my BIG End of the Year Giveaway winner in a day or two! Keep a look out to see if it's you!! ;)

Have a wonderful day!!

Hugs...

39 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Card! Love the sentiment, the butterflies and the colors you chose are awesome. Love that bow :) Hugs! Leah Ann

THERESA said...

Stunning card, love the color combo, soft and stylish!!
lotsa luv

riliska said...

Gorgeous сard!

Hlora said...

Many congratulations to the winner :)

angelique (anlou) said...

hiya sweetie
happy new year to you to hunni
what a super gorgeous card hun
i just love the colors sweetie
hugs angelique

Juls said...

your card is just so so utterly gorgeous!!! Hugs Juls

engie said...

What a beautiful card. All the best for 2012. Crossing fingers and toes for the result of your BIG end of year giveaway, can't bear the wait, so exciting yet so nail biting hee hee x

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card!! The colors are so cheerful!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the lucky winner and hugs to you, dear, by the so lovely candy!

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Gorgeous card, I love those papers congrats to the winner and a happy new year to you and your family Melissa.
Lindsay xx

Becky said...

Gorgeous card. Love the the shabby chic feel of this and the beautiful design paper.

Tanya said...

Oh this is just adorable! Happy New Year to you too! :)

Karen Letchworth said...

Congrats Evette. Your card is beautiful, Melissa. Thanks for another generous offer. I hope she really enjoys it.

Jan Garber said...

What a fantastic card! I love all the vintage details, espcially the button card!

Sherrie K. said...

BEAUTIFUL card! Love the paper and gorgeous details:) Congrats to the winners!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Lisa T said...

What gorgeous cards!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful colours x

Beckie said...

Love your interpretation of the photo. WOW...you nailed shabby chic. I love to look at Shabby Chic but for the life of me cannot think in Shabby Chic terms. LOL.

Be Blessed, Beckie

mamawcindy said...

Oh, I Love your Card! So Pretty! Love the Papers that you used! Congratulations to Evette!!! Happy New Year! :0)

Jennifer said...

This is absolutely country perfect! I absolutely love the the distressed layers, your sentiments are beautifully done and your butterflies are the perfect touch!

Crafty Loops said...

Melissa this card is really beautiful. The papers and colours coordinate perfectly together and the seam binding and pretty little butterflies are the perfect finishing touches. Well done to Evette for winning the Crafty Secrets CD too. Lee x

Rosana Garcia Hess said...

wonderful card
congrats to the winner
hugs from Brazil
Rosana

Helen Laurence said...

Happy New Year!!

I hope 2012 brings you all the crafty-ness you dream of ;0)

I'm starting the new year with a Half Price Sale on all my craft products HERE

Hugs Helen x

Nikki said...

Stunning Card the colors look fab together :)
Congrats to Evette too

scrapperbecka said...

Totally cute card!
Becka

*Michaela* said...

Soooo cute, Melissa! I love all the colors u used.
Hugs,
Michaela

Lisa Fowler Windsor, CO said...

I adore your card. Love the colors--and can't get over how perfectly they follow the inspiration picture.

Kirsty said...

Hi What beaitiful papers and design I adore the spotted butterflies and the sentiment is just so perfect !! Super inspiration ! Thanks Kitty ;0)

Chriss America Real said...

Oh this is so cute! How do you get the bow so perfect? I love it!

www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

Becky Dunham said...

What a sweet card! I love everything about it - from the soft colors to the polka dots :) Great inspiration photo! Will try to make time to play with this one! Congrats to Evette!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Melissa! Love the papers and colours... beautiful!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card, love it!!

Stampindamour said...

Melissa - this is a beautiful shabby chic card {I LOVE Shabby!}...you have a natural talent for making beautiful cards! xo

-pamela :)
FreeVintageDigiStamps

Unknown said...

Love this card. It is so pretty. I am going to have to do something similar to it soon. Thanks for the inspiration.

Jani
papercompulsions.blogspot.com

Evette K. said...

Thank you everyone for the congrats. I am just in awe that I won this great package of terrific blog candy!!! Ty Ty Melissa. ekciampo@yahoo.com Eagerly awaiting my prize. lol lol

Susan said...

Beautiful card! Lovely perception of the photograph :)
Susan

Amber J said...

Really darling card!

Nancy in Iowa said...

Just saw this over at Shabby. So happy I encountered your work - it is all lovely. Stunning cards - each and every one!

Sheri said...

This is SO PRETTY with your color combo! Love it!