Friday, June 12, 2009

Crinkled Cardstock Flowers!

That was yesterday's Ways to Use it Challenge over at SCS. To make crinkled up cardstock flowers! You just punch or cut out some shapes of cardstock, crumple it up, then adhere together to form a flower. Super easy and fun! I decided to use my heart punch to form the bottom layer of my flower. Just punched out 5 hearts, crumpled them up, then glued them together. Then I used my scalloped edged circle punches on some Fancy Pants Designs dp to form the center of the flower. Finished it off with a button and some hemp cord. I even crumpled up my punched Martha Stewart butterflies. For the edges of the papers I used my Heidi Swapp Edge Distresser. Then to complete the card, I added some satin ribbon, an Inque Boutique Quote stamp, some Hero Arts pink pearls and my Martha Stewart branch and scalloped edge punches! Doesn't Martha Stewart make the best punches?? They are a Good Thing! *wink*

I'll be back later to announce the winner of my giveaway! You still have some time left to enter! Good Luck!

Hugs,

21 comments:

Patty Williams said...

Pretty ! I love the vintage look of this card!

Such detail and beautiful!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful!! Love the color and your crinkled flowers are awesome.

Caryl P said...

Great idea of using the heart punch as another flower layer. Beautiful work!

PinksyDoodles said...

Wow, great card Melissa. I'm going to try and make some of these flowers - gorgeous.
Clare x

Jackie said...

Very pretty! I love the heart punch idea, I will have to remember that one, thanks!

Mitzi Koons said...

I love that quote - your card is stunning! I love the flower, too!!

Anonymous said...

Good morning Melissa:
Very lovely it has a look of a vintage card. It is very original, the bow again as always is so perfect, the butterfly with the pink pearls are lovely, your scalloped paper in the background is sweet as well than button too just one more thing to make your card perfect. so much detail great job.
just love it.
Have a Wonderful fun and Happy Weekend
Love you:
~ God Bless You ~
Hugs :o)
♥ ♥ ♥

Aphra Bolyer said...

LOVE it! The flowers are so cool...never thought about using my heart punch! Thanks for that tidbit. And, yes, MS punches are the BEST! Have a great day!

Jan said...

I saw this on YMBD. It was gorgeous there and it's gorgeous here! You have such a great eye for details!

Marjanne said...

Beautifull card, I love it!

Jocelyn said...

Just stunning! love the flower and the butterfly!!!! Have a great weekend!!! :)

Yvette said...

What a beautiful card!!! Love the look! Great great job! :)

Kristine said...

This is GREAT Melissa! Love that you used a heart punch to form the bottom flower--you're a genious ;) All around pretty card. Love the butterflies as well. That must be a "signature" for you? ☺

Still loving that flower from yesterday's post. So bright and pretty.

Nancy L. said...

Your card is lovely! Love those flowers!

Scrapthat said...

Love your crinkled work! Fab flowers and butterflies too! Really purdy :)

sandra said...

Card looks fantastic!
And it seems easy to make it.
I will shore try to do one.
Hugs!
Sandra!

Tracey said...

This is just gorgeous Melissa!

Shauna K said...

love the card! the distressing and the colors and the pops of blue, love it!

Emily said...

You totally nailed this challenge Melissa! Those are the loveliest crinkled flowers I've seen so far! I love the whole distressed look of this card! Great job!

Two Happy Stampers said...

Love your card! =) You did a lovely job on it and the flower is very nice. =)

Cheri W said...

How did I miss this beauty? Gorgeous card, Melissa!