Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Dirty Dozen Card!

I can finally show you one of the cards I made for the March Fan Club/Dirty Dozen Gallery over at Splitcoaststampers. Since it is a pay-to-see gallery, I have to wait 3 months before I can show them anywhere. The March theme was "TV Dinners", so we could make anything regarding a TV Show, food, anything relating to either television or food!
This card was made inspired by the TV Show "Amazing Wedding Cakes" on the WE channel. I could watch that show all day long! And now there are a couple of more of these type shows on. Cake Boss, Ace of Cakes! I just love watching them make a creative masterpiece out of flour! I am in awe of anything I wish I could do!! So for my card, I simply drew a stacked three-tier wedding cake on some white cardstock and cut it out, leaving the top on the fold line. Then I ran it through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder, added some Rubber Cafe stamped butterflies and Inque Boutique stamped flowers and sentiment, some pearls and some punched Martha Stewart branches. I "painted" the butterflies with some Pink Poinsettia Shimmerz! {And don't forget to scroll down a couple of posts to see how you can win some Shimmerz!} I hope you like it!

And speaking of making cakes, look at my friend Kristine's Blog, where she posts all the cakes she makes! Amazing! I'm so jealous!! ;)

Have a wonderful day!!

Hugs,

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Melissa:
Your Card is just Beautiful! It truly does look like a real wedding cake,I just love when you do the Swiss dot design, It just makes everything that much more Beautiful.
You say you love the cake shows as do I, With your talents I am sure if you set your mind to it,
You too could be a fabulous baker and cake designer as well. Have a wonderful fun Day with Antonio.
~ God Bless ~
Hugs :o)
♥ ♥ ♥

Yvette said...

Hi Melissa, I totally agree with the person who commented above me! Your cake does look sooo real! It's absolutely beautiful, sweet and sooo stunning! Great job! :)

Jan Hennings said...

Absolutely beautiful card! Love your blog :)

Colleen said...

That is just beautiful, I love it.

Unknown said...

Your card is amazing! Love it!!

Kristine said...

You never cease to amaze me Lissa!! LOVE THIS wedding card. Your shimmery butterflies and the flowers look so perfect on there. :)

Thanks for the shout out on my cake blog too! Would be so fun (and challenging) to make a 3-tiered wedding cake!! The hardest part would be delivering it without any falling over or indents etc. EEEKS! :)

Unknown said...

such a simple design but SO effective.

Love Dawn xx

lisa808 said...

Very pretty card and it does look so real.

Nancy L. said...

WOW, your card/cake is amazing!!

2amscrapper said...

This is so lovely.

Jen said...

i am LOVING all your work! this card takes the cake. LOL you have inspired me to actually get off the computer and make something beautiful! thank you.. i really needed that. :) keep up the good work.

Cheri W said...

Melissa, TFS this gorgeous card. Just love it!!!

lastivka said...

Melissa, you're so talented. Your every card like a huge WOW for me. It's increadible what beauty you create. I love what you do. Thank you very much for inspiration!

HazelQ said...

Gorgeous card! I love butterflies so much :) what did you use to cut them?

Wedding card said...

You've got a really nice cardmaking ideas. You're so creative. Do you offer tutorials?