Thursday, June 4, 2009

Patriotic Wall Hanging!

Today is Thursday, which around these bloggin' woods means Digi Stamp Thursday! Lindsay just added this adorable bunting digi stamp in her shop and as soon as I saw it, I knew I had to make something for our upcoming annual 4th of July Party. This was so easy and inexpensive to make, I may make alot of them to use as decorations to hang outside for the party and then give one to everyone when they leave!

In addition, to this new stamp, Lindsay has put a ton of them in the shop, HERE. They are all wonderful! And if you visit all the DT Members listed below, you just might find a link for a FREE Digi Stamp on one of their blogs! *hint* *hint*

This week Lindsay wanted us to make something using a recycled product. So I made the star's base out of cardboard which I painted white. I then added some Melissa Frances dp, the bunting digi stamp, which I colored in with Copics, buttons and the words were printed out of MS Word. For the hanger, I just wrapped some 20 gauge wire around a pencil and hot glued it to the back, and then added the ribbon and chipboard star. See, told you it was cheap and easy!! ;)

And don't forget to visit the Lindsay's Stamp Stuff Digi Stamp Store for some great digi stamps for only a buck!!

Janet
Olena
Michelle H
Kimberly
Tracey
Tamara
Lisa
Margie
Katt
Row
Michele R
Lindsay~Owner


Have a wonderful day!

Hugs,

12 comments:

Heather said...

This is so cute!

Jocelyn said...

I agree with Heather....this is so cute!!! I just adore it!!!I wanted to let you know that I received the card yesterday and it is AWESOME!!!! Thank you soooooo much!!! Wishing you a wonderful Thursday!

Lindsay Weirich said...

WOW!!!that is gorgous! Love the cardboard star, we must be on the same wavelength b/c I used coorugated cardboard too!

Unknown said...

How clever! I love this! It is so cute!

Mrs. Fence said...

Love this project! You've given me some ideas for my family's upcoming reunion in July...

SoonToBeMrsZ said...

I never decorate for our 4th of July cookouts, but I think you have inspired me to whip something up this year! Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Jode is having her first 4th party they, would be great to have all around her yard or make them stand then put them on all the tables ! Each year you have the cutest decorations in your yard for your get together! Wish we could be part of it too.
Another wonderful piece! Maybe you should post these for sale in your store bet they would sell !
Hope to talk soon.
love you ♥ & Please kiss ♥ Antonio!
~ God Bless ~
Hugs :o)
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Margie said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for a great Idea for a fourth of July decoration!

ljurecek said...

Love your project Melissa! I need this for my classroom. Since I teach American history, I have a patriotic theme going. This looks really super!

Olena said...

Beautiful prolect Melissa! This looks realy super! Great job! ~Olena~

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

I love this!!

Row said...

ADORABLE! that is such a sool project I especially love the mini buntings so cute.